11.29.2010

shopping on black friday...check

This weekend was great. I love Thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday with Christmas at a very close second. Every year we always wait to celebrate Thanksgiving until Sunday so Thursday my mom and I decided to put up our tree and all the Christmas decorations. We usually wait til the day after Thanksgiving but I was a little bored. Then we went to Walmart to get some shopping in. We bought my nephew some really cute stuff. I also got a little tree for my room which made me unbelievable happy. I love Christmas decorations! Seriously probably more than I should!

So after all the decorating got done we decided to go to Marie Calendars for their Thanksgiving dinner. Yes I said we wait until Sunday to celebrate but you can't not have thanksgiving dinner on thanksgiving. Just our entire family isn't always available on Thursday so those who are join us for a dinner out.

On Friday I woke up and got ready to go to the bank. As I was leaving I asked my mom if she wanted to go. She said she also needed to stop at the bank and go do a little shopping so that's what we did. I don't think I have ever really done the black Friday shopping before so that has been on my bucket list for a while but I don't think I would ever do the silly door buster shopping...those people are just crazy! So we had a jam packed day of shopping which was so much fun! Sales galore! Oh and mom got the best parking spaces at 2 different stores! Seriously--steps away from the doors. That never happens!

Saturday was pretty much the same story. I went to breakfast with the fam and then more shopping! Mom and I stumbled upon a massive Joann's sale so we ended up getting more Christmas decor. happiness..

Yesterday is when we did our big thanksgiving dinner. My family was watching the Green Bay game and I decided that Sue was probably as bored as I was so we went shopping...again :) We went to target and Pier 1 but I didn't buy any presents for anybody which was the plan. Just a game, a hat and some makeup...all for myself. Anyway, we came home and helped my mom out a little by finishing cooking the dinner. Sue made green bean casserole, which can you believe it, I have never had before. I'm not a huge fan of canned green beans though so that is probably why. After dinner we played apples to apples. Most of us had never played before so we had a lot of fun. Then I ended the day by watching one of my favorite Falalala Lifetime movies. I love Kristen Chenoweth and she plays a PR girl so I think I was destined to love that movie.

My cute little tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment