11.01.2010

i know i talk a lot about dreams but...

I keep having this reoccurring dream and I can't figure out why. I graduated college almost 7 months ago and I have to admit I was a little nervous about the possibility of not getting my diploma. I basically relied on my advisor to do my scheduling for me and I just followed what he said. However he got a job in another part of the school and left so the last year and a half I was pretty much on my own. So I started second guessing my choices and wondering if they met the requirements I needed for graduating but thankfully everything went great and I got my degree on time.

So my dream is kind of freaking me out. I am back in school and it is my last semester. I am taking all these classes that I like and are easy except for one. I can't stand this class. The teacher is so boring and talking about anthropology or something but in a really monotone voice like Ben Stein. I go to this class once and decide not to go again. However, I don't drop the class for some reason. I just don't go and I actually end up forgetting about the class completely until the semester is almost over. Then I start thinking that I have to go or I won't graduate and how mad my parents would be if that happened. So I start trying to get to this class but something always gets in the way and stops me. One day it is a massive blizzard. Another day the bus just keeps on driving and never makes any stops. Eventually these things stop but not until after the class has ended.

It seems like I never actually get to the end of the dream. I never find out if I get back to the class or graduate. I've had this dream now 3 or 4 times and I had it again last night. This time the bus keep driving but would only drop me off at the frat houses. When I refused to get off at one he would drive to the next one and then the next one... I really hope I don't have this dream again cause it's really stressing me out and I wake up feeling anxious. It's amazing to me how your body reacts to dreams. Like how you can be crying in your dream and you wake up and you have tears streaming down your face. Anyway, I thought maybe talking about the dream would keep me from having it again. That seems to work for me. I'll let you know if it comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment