8.03.2011

dream job

Searching for a job has been kind of exhausting. I wish I could just finally find a job that is permanent and pays on a regular basis...I don't think that is too much to ask right? Anyway, not having a job has gotten me thinking a lot about what kind of job I want. Here are some that have crossed my mind:
1. Obviously if you know me at all you probably know that I would love to be an entertainer. I have been performing since I was a kid and from my first dance performance at that park the summer I was 8 years old, I was hooked! I love being in front of a crowd and seeing their reactions. I started taking acting lessons and joining choirs and kept dancing for years but all that has kind of stopped since high school. I would love to keep performing but that is an old dream that will probably just remain that...a dream.
2. I would love to find out who comes up with the names for nail polishes. I always spend way too much time at the nail polish display looking at the bottom of all the bottles seeing what they are all named. And as Whitney and I discussed last night, I sometimes buy nail polishes because of their name. Seriously, I want that job! How do I go about finding it?
3. I would love to be a movie critic. I love movies so much! I have over 200 I think which I don't consider to be a whole lot but others might think differently. But going to movies is one of my absolute favorite things to do. We get the Standard Examiner at our house whose main movie critic is Steve Salles who pretty much only likes foreign movies and those that you shouldn't see with your parents (I know from a very unfortunate experience...don't ask, although I think I should probably explain. We didn't realize what we were getting ourselves into when a giant group of extended family members, including my brother and dad, went to see Knocked Up when we were at our family reunion). Anyway, Steve never really likes any of the movies that I quite enjoy and the ones that he does like, his reviews always seem a little indecisive to me. A lot of the movies recently that he has given 3 or 4 stars to, he will poke fun at the plot throughout the whole review but then he will say that he likes it. I'm confused. But who cares, a movie reviewer would be a blast. I mean we are all kind of reviewers anyway but how can I make money out of that?
4. The Ellen Degeneres Show! I think doing anything on that show would be a total blast! I doubt she reads my blog but seriously Ellen, if you do, I would love to work for you!
If anybody knows how I can make any of these job ideas into a reality let me know! That would totally make my life :)
Someday I will be able to say that

No comments:

Post a Comment