12.12.2011

So long, 2011

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. It still feels like it just started. Here are the highlights...

1. I became an aunt again...TWICE!
2. I was hired as the new Associate Producer for Studio 5 at KSL
3. I spent practically every summer weekend on our brand new boat
4. I hiked Waterfall Canyon, Adam's Canyon, and Frary Peak all for the first time
5. I saw Thriller again--my favorite Halloween tradition
6. I have lost 20 pounds!
7. I went to the Greek Festival for the first time
8. I bought a new iPod Touch
9. I turned 24
10. I made 3 resolutions and actually stuck to them
















I got to thinking about everything that happened this year when I started writing this post. It has been an eventful year for sure, full of ups and downs, but I am grateful for every day.

It's impossible to pick a favorite moment of the year but one of the big ones is sticking to my resolutions. If you remember this post from last year I said my resolutions are to 1. Be healthier, 2. Be braver, and 3. Kick my Diet Coke habit. Well I am here to tell you I have succeeded! I have lost 20 pounds, I accepted the most overwhelming and scariest job that I just love, and I have not only given up Diet Coke but I have not had one sip of soda the entire year! Don't ask me how I did it...I never thought it was possible. There were a few times this year where I really could have used one but I'm so glad I didn't give in.

Because it felt so good to accomplish my resolutions, I decided to set some new ones for 2012. Last year I made one physical, one mental, and one silly resolution so this year I'm doing the same. Here they are...

#1 Be healthier. Big surprise, right? I still am not at my goal but I'm so close and I want to keep it going. So I am going to continue to be as healthy as I can.

#2 Don't cut my hair. Okay this one is a little ridiculous but I wish I hadn't chopped my hair last summer. I like it shorter but failed to communicate exactly what I wanted and ended up with a cut that I didn't like. It has taken months to grow and still isn't exactly the way I like but I can't do much except wait. So I'm making the promise to not cut my hair this year (trims don't count--they are necessary.)

#3 Be open to new experiences
. I am already open to a lot but there are a few parts in my life that could use some work. I tend to shut the door on opportunities when I see them coming so I'm going to try and change that. I guess this is pretty similar to my resolution to be braver but this year I'm going to apply it to my personal life whereas last year I ended up focusing on my professional life.

So there you have it...3 new resolutions. I highly recommend you make your own, write them down and stick with them. It feels so great at the end of the year to have accomplished what you started out to do. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment