10.03.2011

new recipe

So last week I hit that plateau so I'm a little frustrated. Then I get really frustrated when I gained 2 pounds overnight. I know it was probably just water and I've lost it already but still it set me back. I kicked up my cardio a little and I've bought myself some heavier weights for my strength training so hopefully that helps me get past this fitness lull. I hit that plateau at the same time I noticed my workouts were getting pretty easy so we'll see what happens.

On a yummier note, I found this recipe for Roasted Parmesan Potatoes on Food Gawker. My mom wanted to make roasted potatoes for dinner so I convinced her we should try this recipe.

Ingredients:
(Serves 2-3)

3-4 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
3 TBS olive oil
1/3 C parmesan cheese (fresh is great, but expensive, so I use “shaker parm”)
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp paprika
sea salt to taste

Just mix the seasonings and cheese together in one bowl, cover the potatoes in oil in another bowl and then combine the potatoes and the cheese mixture. Put them on a really well sprayed baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes stirring once. They did come out pretty salty so I will use garlic powder instead of garlic salt next time. I feel that the cheese has enough salt so you really don't need to add anymore. I'm not a huge fan of roasted potatoes, or potatoes in general, but these are so delicious. How could they not be? They are covered in cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment