9.09.2011

whole wheat pizza crust

We decided that we are going to have "theme dinner nights." Since I live at home and I'm not working I always try to at least start dinner every night to help my parents out because they are at work all day. But I am always talking with my mom asking what should we have for dinner and the answer is usually "I don't know..." So to fix this problem we decided to assign a different type of food for each day of the week and Friday became pizza night.

I'm trying to eat better and trying to make my mom and dad eat better as well and pizza really isn't the healthiest thing. However, we bought Rocco Dispirto's two cook books and he has a recipe for whole wheat thin rust pizza so I thought I would give that a shot. I had never made pizza dough before, I've actually never used yeast before, so I didn't really know what to expect but it was so EASY! It only had a few ingredients and with the Kitchen-aid mixer (I really want my own) it came together in no time. I didn't get a picture of the finished product but here it is after it had risen the first time. I love the fact that it was so thin and crispy and it tasted delicious and is so much healthier than regular pizza crust. You should try it!


After dinner I started my workout. I wanted to try this new one I found on Pinterest to see if I could get through it. It definitely kicked my butt but it was worth it. I finished in about half an hour and the hardest part was the run. I had to stop and power walk a couple of times because of my asthma but I didn't lose anytime coming home. I'm hoping to be sore in the morning.

So at the end of this week I have lost zero pounds. I'm a little bummed but my clothes are fitting looser and my muscles are toning up so I'm not too upset about it. I'm hoping I'm just building muscle and that's why the scale is staying the same. But I have decided to switch my "weigh ins" to Monday instead of Friday. It makes more sense to me. Wish me luck this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment