12.22.2010

an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident

The first night in Vegas we went to the mall across the street from our hotel. We ended up eating at California Pizza Kitchen (one of my favorite restaurants) for my birthday dinner and afterwards Whitney and I started walking around the mall a bit.

We decided to go into Bloomingdale's just to say that we have been inside Bloomingdale's. There is no way either of us could afford anything in that entire store. Now Serendipity is one of my favorite Christmas movies. Well it's not so much a Christmas movie as just the first and last few scenes take place at Christmas time. Anyway, in the first scene Jonathan and Sarah meet at Bloomingdale's. While Whitney and I were at Bloomingdale's, the same song that played in the background during that first scene was playing on the store's sound system in Vegas. How great is that? I love how those little coincidental moments happen in life.

Wait! I'm not finished. We walked around the mall a little more and wandered into a store called Tommy Bahamas. It totally smells like a Pina Colada in there. While we were checking out all the beach clothing and wondering to myself how much do they actually sell in Vegas in December, another Serendipity song came on that store's sound system. That made me laugh out loud. Seriously, too great.

Then the next day we went wandering down the strip trying to find H&M and what do you know? We stumbled across Serendipity 3! We just had to take a small break from our shopping to enjoy a little frozen hot chocolate. So worth the 10 bucks! It was delicious. All in all I would say that it was a very serendipitous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment