3.17.2011

Put 'em in the wash, they'll be grand

Growing up my family was never really into holidays that much. The only holiday we decorate our house for is Christmas but I think it's kind of against the law not to (and if it's not it should be). But I have always loved St. Patrick's Day. Green is my absolute favorite color and St. Paddy's Day means that Spring is right around the corner! In elementary school my friends and I used to spend hours on end searching for four leaf clovers in the field at recess--I never found one. But this morning, even though I have nothing really important to do today, I got ready and put on my abstract shamrock print skirt and new cute white, strappy sandals. I feel very festive and I love it!

If you couldn't tell by the red tones in my hair and my pale, virtually untannable skin, I am Irish. Just a little but still it's there and let me tell you, those genes are very dominate! But hey, I have come to embrace it. It's who I am and I'm fine with that. So in honor of that and this glorious day, I have decided to celebrate with a little movie marathon. First Leap Year, then P.S. I Love You, and finally The Luck of the Irish.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment