3.24.2011

...kindness don't have no boundaries

A couple of weeks ago I finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. It is such a great book--one that really makes you think about things. It takes place in the South during the 1960s and focuses primarily on a young white woman and 2 older black maids. It is very well written and sort of based on the author's real life. It is one to put on your list for sure.

This might sound a little nerdy but it's books like these that make me really wish I belonged to a book club. When I finish a book I really like to talk about it with other people. But since it usually happens that one copy of the book gets passed around between my friends and family, we end up all reading it at different times and never really get to talk about it. But pick this one up. Its a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment